Next up were local favorites, Soft Lions, playing their engaging blend of indie, surf, garage, and girl-group sounds. I’ve seen Soft Lions a half-dozen times now, including their debut performance on the same stage back in 2014, and they always put on a great show. This night was a surprise as I only discovered the day before that they would be opening for Sharkmuffin, who are on a national tour.
If I had a complaint about this band it’s that their sets are too short!! Hopefully that will be solved soon as I spoke with the keyboardist, Ana Ramundo, who told me that the band will be heading up to the Bay Area soon to record more songs.
Soft Lions plays all over town, as headliners and in support of other local and touring bands. Check them out soon!!
Here’s “Earth Energy” from this show.
More Soft Lions from MaxSounds:
- “Waitress” from a previous Soda Bar show.
- Best of 2015 – San Diego Bands: Soft Lions @ Casbah July 16, 2015
- Paint it Black at the Casbah
- “Soft as Lions” video premier
- “Earth Energy” debut video
- Soft Lions opens for Small Black at the Casbah – March 2014
- Soft Lions No Peace blurb (2)
- Soft Lions – EP Release and debut show at the Soda Bar (2013)
- Soft Lions No Peace blurb (1)